Monday, May 19, 2008

So much to report!

Tanner (Elder Ritchey) at the airport Thursday.
All of us moms made shirts for our kids. Lily's said, "Hi, my name is Lily. Who r u?"
Liz, Mia, Jolene, Xander, Breanne, Millie, me & Lily at Cafe Rio Friday.
Camden Michael Carpenter. What a cutie!
Lily (& Lo) at the hospital visiting her new cousin.

So...
Tanner came home Thursday. It was so great seeing him. He just had this glow around him. I loved it!! We went out to lunch as a family and spent the day chatting and catching up. We also had a big dinner that night with fam and friends which is always great.
On Friday, I was able to have lunch with some of my friends from El Dorado ward. Breanne Noyes came in town from Utah, so we had lunch at Cafe Rio with her, her kids, Jolene Carpenter, her new baby, Katie and Liz Zamora with her baby, Mia. It was great catching up and just enjoying one another's company.
Kellyn was due on Friday but didn't have her baby til Sunday. Tanner's homecoming was at 1 and Kellyn delivered Cambden at 1:17. Could the timing be any worse? Right before we left for church, we were informed that she was crowning and that she started pushing. We were all very anxious at church so once Tanner was done speaking, my mom, my dad, Tara and I all left to the hospital so we could see Kellyn and the sweet Baby. Cambden Michael Carpenter was 8 lbs 7 ounces and was 21.25 inches long. He has a dirty blonde color of hair and he is so darn cute. He is so small, and it made me realize that my little "peanut" Lily wasn't a real baby anymore. Seeing him made me want another one sooo bad, but I guess I just need to be patient. All yesterday I couldn't get over the fact how wonderful, imortant and awesome it is for a baby to be born. I feel like it's such a big deal that the world should stop for a minute or something, but that obviously couldn't happen since babies are being born every second. It really is just an awesome thing and I hope people realize how wonderful it is. Any who...
After seeing Camden we had all the fam and friends over for dinner that night. By the end of the day, Lorin and I were beat. We were ready for a bed after such an eventful but FUN weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like an adventure. What a cute kid.
Are you guys going to be at the MHS graduation? (I can't remember if Lorin's brother is graduating, or if he's too young for that...)

Nate and Lori said...

How fun for Kellyn! It was fun to see you guys and get to meet little Lily. I can't believe that your little brother is home from his mission. I'm starting to feel really old!

Cotter said...

how fun! what a big weekend!! i totally have to talk to your dad. i have a great idea for an invention! seriously, it is so good! anyway, cameron informed me i should talk to mike to see what to do next. i don't know how to get a hold of him (we need to see you family too. it has been way too long!) so i think you need to set up a meeting!

Brittany said...

Hi Kristyn! It's Brittany Lueck! :) I found your blog while surfing...I'm so glad! If you don't mind I'm going to link you to me so I can check in on you. Your little Lily is so cute! That's what we named ours...except with an extra "l". Lilly. Ours has crazy hair, too! Must go with the name. ;)